Why choose our Employment Law lawyers?
We take a commercial approach to identify practical solutions and have a cross-disciplinary expertise combining employment law, compliance and corporate law knowledge. The team also has extensive expertise in supporting top executives in the negotiation of their termination agreements.
The team works closely with our other offices in the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany and Belgium and is able to assist its clients in the framework of large-scale projects in Europe.
- Labor aspects of restructuring: implementation of collective dismissals for economic reasons and management of any ensuing litigations, assistance in the event of plant closures, lockouts, strikes and workforce restructuring;
- HR Management support: setting-up of hotlines for legal issues related to HR management;
- Management of individual and collective disputes: legal assistance and representation before the labour courts, amicable resolution of disputes;
- Employment aspects of mergers & acquisitions: due diligence reports, preparation of information and consultation procedures involving employee representative bodies, transfer of employees (French TUPE legislation), post-merger harmonisation of collective and individual status;
- Collective bargaining: drafting and revising in-house collective agreements on working time, on-call systems, incentive and profit-sharing agreements, organising staff elections;
- Departure of corporate officers: negotiating the departure of corporate officers, advising on issues relating to the simultaneous holding of a term of corporate office and an employment contract, assisting executives in the negotiation of separation agreements;
- Compliance: drafting business codes of conduct, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, internal rules, disciplinary procedures, implementing whistleblowing lines and data protection policies;
- Unfair competition matters and enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Assistance to a global medical device company in the dental sector on various labour law issues in France, including:
- the drafting of employment contracts, termination of employees, renewal of trial periods;
- the drafting of the Works Council rules of procedure, the pre-electoral memorandum, a company agreement on working time, memos on the obligations relating to consultation of the Works Council and the setting-up of a profit sharing plan;
- training for management on the new type of Works Council.
Assistance to a British company specialised in processor development with regard to a litigation following the implementation of a geographical mobility plan and a job protection plan affecting fifty employees.