Sports Masterclass Slides 2014
The Fieldfisher Sports Law Masterclass was an interactive event with presentations and discussions from some of the top sports law specialists in the business. The unique gathering provided the chance to learn from top level executives and lawyers, hear industry insight based on pre-submitted questions, to join in on group debates and network in a relaxed environment.
There were presentations, panel discussions, practical insights and interviews with top sports law experts, in-house lawyers and commercial executives at a variety of clubs, broadcasters, associations and sponsors. Our Sports Group lawyers were joined by speakers from companies including BDO, BSkyB, IMG, Manchester City FC, Norwich City FC, Opta and Vodafone.
Topics that were discussed included:
• the role of in-house lawyers at football clubs;
• sponsorship contracts and practical commercial issues;
• brand protection and ambush marketing;
• the changing sports broadcasting landscape;
• copyright/database right protection issues;
• doping and disciplinary proceedings; and
• football regulation hot topics.
Click here to download a copy of the Sports Law Masterclass presentation slides.