Gynaecological Negligence Claims
Our medical negligence solicitors specialise in gynaecological negligence claims. Our dedicated solicitors have won many cases for clients who have suffered injuries through this. Gynaecology claims are common medical negligence claims in the UK.
Call Freephone 0800 358 3848
If you think you, or a member of your family has suffered due to gynaecological negligence, our specialist team of solicitors can help you recover the compensation you and your family deserve, Call us today or start your claim online and we will call you back.
The most common types of gynaecological claims arise from complications associated with surgery. Gynaecological claims arising out of procedures that can lead to injuries through incompetence or negligence include:
- Total abdominal hysterectomy claims
- Laparoscopic sterilisation claims
- Pelvic floor repairs claims
- Dilatation and Curettage (D&C) claims
Injuries can include:
- Incontinence following surgery
- Perforation of the uterus during the insertion of a contraceptive coil
- Failed sterilisation
- Damage during laparoscopic investigations or surgery
- Injury to bladder, bowel or uterus during hysterectomy
- Unnecessary hysterectomy following a caesarean section
- Defective consent to medical procedures
- Infection resulting in loss of childbearing potential
Other gynaecological errors
Other injuries can arise from different types of gynaecological treatment, including contraceptive procedures, termination of pregnancy and surgery.
Side-effects relating to injected hormone contraceptives may also occur - and where contraceptive devices are fitted or termination occurs, there may be perforation of internal organs.
In some cases failure to diagnose certain conditions, such as cervical cancer, can have tragic consequences.
If you believe you have a gynaecological negligence claim, please contact our medical negligence team
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Medical Negligence and Personal Injury Teams top the Legal 500 rankings
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence teams have been listed tier 1 in the Legal 500 rankings.