Rail is a dynamic industry which contributes both economic and social benefits. After years of decline, the sector is now very much at the centre of Government's plans to rebalance the economy and also to create a low carbon economy and environment.
Our rail team supports public and private sector clients on projects ranging from the biggest, most complex and high profile commercial deals and franchise, rolling stock manufacturing and leasing arrangements through to the introduction and deployment of innovative technology. The breadth and depth of our experience enables us to provide excellence and 'safe hands' delivery together with insight and innovation.
Drawing on many years' experience in rail projects, our lawyers apply their in-depth understanding of the industry and its dynamics in their work across the sector including specialist issues such as the Railways Pension Scheme . We create effective frameworks for today's opportunities and robust solutions to tomorrow's challenges.
Our lawyers love what they do and we win awards for the quality of our advice and clear service. That means that our clients get:
- legal support that is focused on risk management and project delivery
- outstanding transaction management
- lawyers who help get the deal done.
- Advising Department for Transport on a number of major projects, including:
- Stagecoach South West Trains' procurement of 30 five-carriage Desiro trains from manufacturer Siemens. The new trains will deliver much needed enhancement to capacity on South Western services and will come into service 2017-2018.
- The Great Western Change Project, the most extensive in-term franchise change that has beenundertaken to date.
- The strategic £50 million on-train wi-fi programme, flagged by the Prime Minister as a key initiative.
- The directly award franchise agreement for Cross Country, the largest rail franchise in the UK network.
- We have advised many TOCs and service providers on the development, launch and roll out of innovative smart and mobile ticketing services.
- ITSO: securing as a new client this Government-backed, non-profit distributing organisation which aims to make travelling on public transport throughout the UK seamless and easier by using smart ticketing technology.
- Trainline: advising on the impact of the UK regulation of card payments and new EU payments laws.
- Wirecard: advising on Wirecard's proposed payments processing for the entire Irish transport network.
Awarded "Transportation – Law Firm of the Year 2017- UK" at the Finance Monthly Law Awards.