As a result of increased regulation, greater competition and unprecedented innovation in the banking industry, banks are having to evolve rapidly in many ways, from how they interact with their customers to how they are structured and regulated. Our lawyers work with banks of all sizes to address the legal challenges facing the banking industry and provide a fully integrated service to enable our clients to capitalise on new ideas and business processes.
We act for investment banks, brokers, commercial banks, private banks, international banks and challenger banks as well as new lending platforms, bringing together teams of experienced lawyers with the right expertise to help navigate the regulatory, technological and operational landscape. Our lawyers advise banks in connection with their day-to-day lending, investment and trading operations as well as their wider strategic needs such as the development and deployment of new lending platforms and product lines.
Our alternative legal solutions platform provides clients with customisable and process efficient services including data extraction and analytics, large scale documentation products and trading documentation.
Our flexible resourcing solution, CondorFlight Senior Lawyers, provides legal support by the hour or by the day without the need to instruct a law firm.
Notable deals and highlights:
- Acting for a UK bank documenting a senior secured revolving credit facility to an online funding platform providing unregulated SME loans.
- Acting for a US investment bank in a trade finance outsourcing transaction with a Bahrain financial institution, to provide back office, verification and processing functions
- Acting for a major transatlantic banking group on the merger of two UK pension schemes
- Acting for an international bank on its regulatory capital issues and a complete reorganisation of its European operations and business as a result of regulatory issues and Brexit planning
- Acting for UK branch of a leading Russian bank in connection with a USD 100,000,000 term loan facility made available to one of the largest privately owned banks in Mongolia for the purposes of funding the borrower's obligations under a long term swap agreement.