Our team of specialist oil and gas lawyers is led by industry experts with extensive transactional and operational experience across the sector. We work closely with IOCs and state bodies as well as across the OSC supply chain to deliver legal advice that is both commercial and practical, and above all relevant for you and your business.
Oil and Gas is a key sector for us and we recognise the importance of building long term relationships. With over 70 lawyers focused on the sector, a number of whom are attached to the largest CIS team in London, we can offer the breadth and depth of experience and the level of support to handle the most complex transactions irrespective of project location. Notwithstanding the complexity of a matter we always provide partner leadership so clients know that they are receiving the best service. Our lawyers are experienced in M&A and general joint venture and supply chain commercial arrangements; corporate and project financing; dispute resolution and regulatory advice.
Notable deals / highlights
- Advised JSC KazMunaiGas Exploration in its acquisition of a 50% interest in Mangistau Investments in a deal worth $1.5 Billion.
- Advised E.ON in relation to an underground gas storage facility in East Yorkshire.
- Advised the British Pipelines Agency on the transportation of ground fuels and of their processing facilities across the UK.
- Advised Cabot Energy PLC on its acquisition of Rockhopper Civita with assets in Italy.
- Advised San Leon Energy PLC on its sale of a number of Polish corporate oil and gas focused entities and assets.
- Advised President Energy PLC on its placing of shares and farm in to producing assets in Argentina.
- Advised AIM quoted Independent Oil & Gas plc on secured loan facilities.
White Papers and Downloads