Doing business in the European Union
For any successful domestic US business, expansion into Europe is a logical next step, offering exciting new business opportunities and growth potential, but also raising complex legal, regulatory and cultural challenges.
Lawyers at Fieldfisher help US clients to maximize the business opportunities presented by the EU’s ’barrier-less’ single market by advising on a wide variety of crucial strategic issues.
- What impact will national EU tax regimes have on business revenues?
- Which EU territories are the most investment-friendly?
- How business-friendly are the cultural, legal and regulatory regimes in each of the EU territories?
- How can the business best protect its brand and other valuable IP in Europe?
- What key differences between European and US labor laws does the business need to understand?
- How can the business transfer their best people to the EU?
With EU lawyers based in both the US and Europe we provide a fully integrated and seamless service for US clients, which includes the ability to provide timely advice during US working hours, and deploy the right lawyers for the right job on both sides of the Atlantic.