Security over Art: an introduction
Finance brief - April 2013
- New regime for registering charges at Companies House
- FATCA: better news for Lenders
- Is your default interest clause enforceable?
- Appropriation of shares and relief from forfeiture
- Security over Art: an introduction
- Margin lending: a brief introduction
A number of particular issues and difficulties arise for lenders in taking security over art as opposed to other assets, especially in relation to art owned by natural persons. This briefing paper is a general introduction to the subject, and highlights some traps for the unwary.