Robin Tubbs, Senior Associate
Robin Tubbs joined Fieldfisher as an Associate in 2016. He has specialised in Court of Protection work for over seven years and deals with the management of complex deputyships for clients who have received significant damages awards. This includes matters involving clients living outside the UK.
Most of Robin's clients have sustained catastrophic brain injuries as a result of serious accidents or medical negligence at birth.
Robin's experience includes:
- Dealing with the ongoing management of complex deputyships, including cross-jurisdictional considerations
- Making applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of professional Deputies
- Advising on and preparing Statutory Will applications to the Court of Protection
- Assisting with the preparation of expert witness statements on Court of Protection costs in medical negligence and serious injury cases
- Advising non-solicitors on Court of Protection applications and their duties as a lay deputy or trustee
Robin has significant practical experience when it comes to a Deputy's necessary involvement in high value property adaptation projects, which allow clients (and their families) to live as independently as possible. Robin is also experienced at managing the investment process when clients' damages need to be placed with a reputable investment manager so the award can last for life.
Robin enjoys working closely with clients, their families, litigation lawyers, care teams and other professionals involved in improving a client's overall situation following the tragedy they have often experienced at some point in their lives.
Robin served for 14 years in the British Army before leaving to study law at the University of London where he graduated with a First Class degree. Robin completed his LPC at BPP in London with commendation. Prior to joining Fieldfisher, he worked at one of the country's leading Court of Protection practices where he managed a large, complex deputyship caseload.
Robin is a member of the Court of Protection Practitioners' Association (CoPPA). Robin is also a full member of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (MCSI).