Makeba McKoy, Paralegal
Makeba Mckoy joined Fieldfisher in December 2014. She has experience of dealing with a wide range of Court of Protection work and her caseload includes the day to day management of deputyships and personal injury trusts for both adults and children. Many of her cases involve individuals who have sustained serious brain injuries arising from accidents, medical negligence and birth trauma. She also deals with the management of deputyships for elderly clients with Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
Makeba assists with the management of significant personal injury awards both while claims are litigating (and interim payments are available) and post-settlement. Throughout this process, she provides support to the Deputy and the litigation solicitors in order to ensure that our clients' best interests are prioritised and their needs are being met.
Makeba's experience also includes:
- Preparing annual Deputy Reports to the Office of the Public Guardian
- Drafting deputyship applications to the Court of Protection
- Working closely with our clients, their families, support teams and case managers
- Preparing detailed budgets and monitoring income and expenditure for our deputyship and trust clients
- Assisting with statutory will proceedings before the Court of Protection, including contentious matters
- Providing advice and assistance to lay deputies and trustees
In her spare time, Makeba enjoys travelling.