Emma Kendall, Associate
Emma Kendall is a specialist medical negligence lawyer who joined Fieldfisher in 2018. Having qualified in 2014, Emma has since gained valuable experience through her practice at leading Claimant law firms.
Emma has secured a number of significant settlements on behalf of clients in claims involving General Practitioners, NHS Trusts and private doctors. Emma has also represented bereaved families at inquests into the deaths of their loved ones.
Emma acts for clients who have suffered wide-ranging injuries; including birth related injuries, strokes, spinal cord injuries, cardiac injuries, amputations and general surgical injuries. She is praised by clients for her empathic nature and her handling of delicate and sensitive issues.
Emma volunteers with AvMA, a leading patient safety charity. She also sits on the committee of the Association of Women Solicitors as a passionate advocate of equality and diversity across the legal profession.
- Seven figure settlement on behalf a young girl with kernicterus and athetoid cerebral palsy.
- Assisted on a number of successful, multi-million pound claims involving birth injury.
- Secured over £900,000 for the family of a young woman who died from sepsis.
- Successfully represented a Claimant at trial and secured a six figure award for the delayed diagnosis of his malignant melanoma.
- Recovered £700,000 for the family of a young woman who died from a severed artery during a routine angiography procedure.
- Settled liability in a 'wrongful birth' claim involving the failure to detect Down's Syndrome during antenatal screening.
- Secured a six figure sum for the psychiatric injuries suffered by the parents of baby T, as a result of witnessing his neonatal death.
- Secured an admission of liability and significant interim payment for a client who suffered critical limb ischemia resulting in an above-knee amputation.