Lindsay Holt, Partner
I specialise in clinical negligence claims, with over 20 years' experience of acting for injured claimants and their families, with expertise in birth trauma and cerebral palsy as well as spinal, brain and complex abdominal surgery, delayed diagnosis and limb loss.
I have particular expertise in claims involving treatment during pregnancy and delivery, giving rise to birth injuries to both mother and child, as well as claims arising out of failure to diagnose infection, spinal cord injury, brain injury and limb loss. I work with the client, case managers, therapists and experts in order to prioritise rehabilitation funding and maximise compensation awards.
Chambers and Partners 2017 – "According to market commentators Lindsay Holt is an 'excellent, very empathetic but tough negotiator'"
Recent key achievements
- £2.85 million in damages in a claim for compensation arising out of delayed delivery of a very premature baby
- A court approved settlement on liability in a claim for cerebral palsy following failure to intervene for fetal distress
- An admission of liability in claim for cerebral palsy due to failure to undertake maternal measurements during pregnancy
- An admission of liability in a claim for failure to diagnose bowel obstruction
- An admission of liability for failure to diagnose and treat intermittent ischaemia leading to above knee amputation. An interim award was obtained to enable the claimant to obtain extensive rehabilitation and a new prosthetic limb.
- £800,000 plus an award for provisional damages for life for a 78-year-old man with diabetes following failure to diagnose sepsis due to bowel surgery with recovery of indemnity costs due to the defendant's conduct of the claim. The settlement included an award for alternative accommodation and live in support for stoma care.
- £500,000 for negligent treatment of compartment syndrome following hip surgery
- £480,000 for failure to diagnose and treat pelvic inflammatory disease
- £325,000 for negligent spinal surgery
- £450,000 for bereavement and loss of dependency following missed diagnosis of intra-uterine cancer
- £120,000 for intra-operative contamination during lens replacement surgery
- £300,000 for superficial nerve damage during angioplasty leading to chronic pain
- Law Society Clinical Negligence Accreditation Panel
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Senior Associate Member of Royal Society of Medicine