Jill Greenfield, Partner, Head of Serious Injury Sector
Jill Greenfield is a leading Serious Injury lawyer and whilst based in London her clients are based throughout the UK and Internationally. Jill is recognised by chambers as a "Star Individual", one of just a handful in the UK, and she has been featured in The Lawyer Hot 100 2019, which recognises the best lawyers in the UK. Jill led the team to win the Solicitors Journal "Personal Injury Team of the Year 2017." Jill has also been shortlisted for Woman Lawyer of the Year 2018 at the Law Society Excellence Awards.
Jill is currently dealing with the UK cases against Harvey Weinstein for alleged historic sexual assaults. Jill is also currently representing the victims of the Westminster Bridge Terrorist Attack and the Finsbury Park Mosque Terrorist Attack.
In January 2018 Jill was elected Treasurer for APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers) the not for profit campaign organisation, which is dedicated to protecting victims and people who have sustained serious, or life changing injuries through no fault of their own.
Civil claim against the Weinstein Corporation
Jill is currently pursuing a civil claim against the Weinstein Corporation on behalf of victims sexually assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. You can find out more about this case by reading the following articles:
- Jill Greenfield instructed in first civil claim against Weinstein Corporation on behalf of a client who was sexually assaulted
- Jill Greenfield's Weinstein case featured on BBC News 'Harvey Weinstein: First UK civil claim made against film producer'
- Jill Greenfield comments in The Guardian 'Weinstein may face UK civil claim over sexual assault allegations'
- Jill Greenfield featured in the Daily Mail 'Harvey Weinstein may face a UK civil claim over sex assault allegations from a woman who says the Hollywood producer attacked her in Britain and America'
She is described as
Legal 500 2020 says
"Jill Greenfield inspires absolute confidence in her clients, meets and deals with them all personally, takes no nonsense from opponents and issues claims early or enters agreements with insurers to get vital rehabilitation early in a case."
Chambers 2020 says
Sources attest that Jill Greenfield is a"phenomenal lawyer" with a broad and pioneering practice, who is nonetheless "incredibly down to earth." As well as handling high-value cases involving neurological and orthopaedic injuries caused by accidents, she is renowned for bringing novel claims arising from terror attacks and sexual assault. Sources deem her "something of a legend - the most determined litigator you could come across."
Sources describe Jill as
"Highly recommended for catastrophic claims, particularly those involving brain injury. Sources note her 'excellent reputation' and describe her as 'outstanding " a ‘tenacious litigator, " and "… has few equals in getting results".
Legal 500 2017 describes Jill as
"‘very smart and relentless in her pursuit of her clients’ interests’ and has expertise in cases involving neurological damage, serious orthopaedic injuries, psychiatric matters and fatality claims."
In the 2017 edition of Chambers it says,
"Jill Greenfield offers her clients "terrific knowledge and understanding," together with an "exceptional degree of compassion and a genuine interest in restoring clients to the best possible state." One client notes: "She's a thorough and aggressive litigator who from day one is looking at the end game. You really do feel that everything is in hand."
In the 2016 edition of Chambers it says,
"Jill Greenfield heads the firm's catastrophic injury team. Sources say that she"does a fantastic job in tricky and difficult cases" and describe her as "an absolutely fantastic lawyer and a really smart litigator".
Jill also features in the prestigious Super Lawyers List.
Her cases focus on
- Brain injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Serious Orthopaedic injury – e.g. amputations
- Internal Injuries
- Maxillo facial injuries
- Psychiatric Injury
Claim values are generally in excess of £1million and often have a value of several million pounds. Jill has successfully recovered over £100 million damages for clients in her career both in the UK and Internationally.
The different types of claims Jill deals with are:
- Road traffic accidents claims:
- Work Accidents
- Farming Accidents
- Occupiers liability claims
- Assaults – Fatalities, Rape, Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury
The Key focus
Her practice is to focus on the immediate needs of the injured victim and their family. This will allow her to get Interim Payments and will then be used to pay for Rehabilitation.
Jill is heavily involved in setting up care regimes in the course of litigation both in the UK and Internationally. She works with excellent case managers and medical experts and will ensure that her clients have the best possible support.
Jill's cases have regularly hit the headlines. She has campaigned extensively for financial support for victims of terrorism and was shortlisted for The Lawyer, Pro bono team of the year award. She has also campaigned for safer cycling having acted for very many victims of cycle accidents in particular with HGV's.
Her cases have been reported widely in the media and she has appeared on a variety of TV documentaries and news programmes including Fiona Bruce, Real Lives; Trevor McDonald, Tonight and has been on BBC, ITV, Sky news, Channel 4 and the Today programme.
Jill's cases have regularly hit the headlines. Campaigns include:
- Claims for alleged victims of Harvey Weinstein
- Terrorism Compensation and the successful introduction of a scheme to compensate British Citizens involved in terrorist atrocities when abroad
- The death of Grace Roseman in a Bednest Cot
- Finsbury Park Terrorist Attack
- Amanda Lawson claim for sexual assault which was won at trial
- The Godstone farm E Coli 157 case
Key cases include
- The Death of Grace Roseman in a Bednest Cot
- The alleged victims of Harvey Weinstein
- Finsbury Park Terrorism Attacks
- Westminster Bridget Terrorism Attacks
- Multimillion pound award for Australian National who suffered brain damage
- Multimillion pound award for paraplegic victim of farm accident
- Mulitmillion pound settlement for pedestrian hit by HGV who suffered brain damage
- Significant award for barrister who fell down stairs and suffered brain damage
- Seven figure sum for tetraplegic injured in a public building
- Seven figure settlement for Brazilian national hit by Taxi who suffered brain damage
- Acted for a motorcyclist paralysed on a road traffic accident, who went on to represent his country in the paralympics
- Seven figure sum for medical consultant cyclist hit by motorbike who suffered brain damage
- Multimillion pound award for young boy who suffered brain damage due to exposure to E Coli 0157
- Highest recorded award for above knee amputee amongst several other amputee cases
- Over £5 million for a young girl who suffered brain injury as a passenger in a road traffic accident
- Multimillion pound award for passenger who went on to study at University
- A six figure sum for an emergency call operator shot accidentally during a demonstration exercise
- The highest ever award of general damages for a rape victim
- £5.5 million for a young man assaulted as a child
- £4.2 million for an engineer who suffered a head injury on a building site
- £3.8 million for a young man, injured in a road traffic accident
- Successfully acting for over 30 children, many of whom have suffered serious injury following exposure to E Coli 0157 at Godstone Farm in 2009
- Over £4 million for a driver involved in a head on collision
- A seven figure award for a man injured at work when he fell from a ladder
- Over £3 million for a pedestrian hit by a car
- Over £3 million for a cyclist hit by an oncoming vehicle
- Over £1 million for a motorcyclist seriously injured by an oncoming car
- $2 million for an American cyclist who suffered spinal cord injury when hit by a car
- Recovering a seven figure sum for a motorcyclist who was paralysed following an accident involving another car
- Representing the family of a head teacher murdered outside the school gates
- A campaign to force the government to provide financial support for British victims of terrorism abroad
- Substantial recoverey for a Spanish commercial producer who drank Caustic Soda
- 7 figure sum for a pedestrian hit by a speeding car
- Success in damages following a nasty road traffic accident
- Substantial recoveries for victims of the Apollo Theatre disaster
- Cyclist wins 100% of claim three years after life changing accident
- Jill Greenfield uses cross-agency coordination for brain injury rehabilitation: a model in best practice of a clients claim
- Seven figure sum for the victim of a road traffic accident
- Substantial damages secured for London architect
- Maximum award recovered from the criminal injuries compensation authority (CICA)
- Success for a motorcyclist who lost his right leg
Jill Greenfield is regularly featured on television and radio:
- Jill spoke to the BBC about the Bednest Cot that killed seven-week-old Grace Roseman
- Jill demonstrated the dangers of the Bednest cot on BBC4 News
- Jill appeared on ITV News about the Bednest Coroner's trial
- Jill spoke to BBC News about the tragic case of seven-week-old Grace Roseman
- Jill was interviewed live on BBC Radio Scotland about the catastrophic 2016 Ecoli outbreak, reportedly linked to blue cheese
- Jill debated cycle safety on ITV news
Contact Jill Greenfield
If you would like to discuss a potential case with Jill, please don’t hesitate to contact her via any of the below.
- Call Jill on: 020 7861 4557
- e-Mail Jill at: firstname.lastname@example.org