Claire Glasgow, Solicitor
Claire has been a solicitor in the Fieldfisher personal injury department since 2016. She also trained at the firm between 2005-2007, working closely with partner Jill Greenfield pursuing claims for serious personal injury on behalf of victims and their families.
Claire is committed to assisting claimants achieve the best possible outcome in their claims for serious injuries arising as a result of road traffic accidents (including cycling accidents), accidents at work or criminal assault. She also acts on behalf of victims injured in acts of terrorism overseas.
Claire has a varied caseload including claims involving serious orthopaedic, psychiatric and neurological injuries and fatal accident claims. She assists Jill Greenfield in her highly regarded practice of complex and high-value personal injury claims which include claims for brain and spinal injuries.
Claire's recent cases include:
- Recovering a 6 figure settlement for a victim who sustained multiple injuries, including spinal injuries, in a road traffic accident in 2016
- Negotiating a 6 figure settlement for a glazier who sustained a head injury in an accident at work.
- Recovering a 6 figure sum for the widow of a cyclist who was fatally injured in a collision with an oncoming car.
- Obtaining compensation for two victims of overseas terrorism via their claims to the Victims of Overseas Terrorism Compensation Scheme for the soft tissue, nerve and psychiatric injuries they sustained in the Tunisian terrorist attack in June 2015.
- Successfully obtaining damages for a cyclist who suffered injuries to his clavicle requiring surgical repair in a road traffic accident in 2017.
- Compensation for a cyclist who sustained shoulder and psychiatric injuries in a hit and run accident.
Claire also assisted Jill Greenfield in achieving a record award for general damages from the High Court for a client pursuing a civil claim for rape.
Claire works as part of the personal injury team at Fieldfisher who focus on the needs of the victim and their family, ensuring that appropriate rehabilitation packages are set up where required and that the process of making a claim is as straightforward as possible for the client.