Christina Gardiner, Associate
Christina Gardiner graduated with a First Class law degree before qualifying as a Solicitor specialising in medical negligence claims.
She joined the Medical Negligence team at Fieldfisher having previously worked at another leading specialist Medical Negligence practice for several years.
Christina has successfully represented Claimants regarding an extensive range of medical negligence claims including birth injury claims.
Christina also has particular experience dealing with claims related to cardiac conditions, meningitis, sepsis, oral cancer and ocular injury. She also has vast experience dealing with cosmetic surgery and orthopaedic claims and has significant experience of bringing claims in both the public and private sector including claims against NHS Trusts, general practitioners, dental practitioners and cosmetic surgeons.
Christina has worked very closely with several charitable organisations including work with Mouth Cancer Foundation, the UK's leading oral cancer charity. Christina is passionate about social responsibility and has led many charitable projects.
Christina has successfully represented many Claimants and works tirelessly to secure compensation for her clients with the aim of funding rehabilitation to help restore her client's health, independence and quality of life.
Christina's recent recoveries
- Recovered a multi-million pound settlement for a man who suffered a hypoxic brain injury due to negligence during elective surgery.
- Assisted on several successful multi-million pound birth injury claims.
- Successfully represented a Claimant at trial regarding a substandard procedure to treat an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Successfully represented several clients regarding substandard cardiac treatment achieving six figure sums.
- Successfully represented several clients who have experienced substandard obstetric management leading to still birth or neonatal deaths.
- Recovered over £200,000 for a fatal case relating to a delay in diagnosing meningitis.
- Successfully represented a client whose wife passed away due to delays in diagnosing and treating sepsis.
- Recovered a six figure sum for a client who negligently sustained a peritoneal tear during delivery of her baby.
- Successfully represented several Claimants who have experienced negligent cosmetic surgery including substandard breast augmentation and substandard breast reduction procedures.
- Recovered over £75,000 for a delay in diagnosing lymphoma.
- Early admission of liability on an orthopaedic case relating to substandard hip replacement surgery and securing substantial interim payment to assist with rehabilitation.