George Bensted, Paralegal
George joined Fieldfisher's Court of Protection Team in January 2018. He is responsible for the day to day management of a range of deputyship matters, including children and adults with brain injuries and elderly clients with dementia.
George has experience of managing all aspects of his clients' affairs and regularly deals with:
- Preparation of Annual Deputyship Reports for the Office of the Public Guardian
- Drafting applications to the Court of Protection
- Managing payments, preparing budgets and maintaining detailed records of income and expenditure
- Providing litigation support to our colleagues in the Personal Injury and Medical Negligence Department
- Liaison with financial institutions, investment managers, local authorities, care homes and various other professional bodies
- Researching and obtaining insurance policies
- Assisting with the investment of our deputyship clients’ funds
- Assisting with the purchase of suitable properties for deputyship clients and subsequent adaptions projects
George enjoys working with clients and their families, case managers and support teams in order to manage his clients’ affairs in their best interests. He is always available to deal with any questions that arise and to support those working with his clients to move matters forward.
George graduated from University of Nottingham in 2015 and went on to study the Graduate Diploma in Law at BPP University. Before joining Fieldfisher, George worked at an established Court of Protection practice in West London. In his spare time, George enjoys travelling and playing sports including football and cricket.