Rodney Nelson-Jones has recovered £12,500 for another hospice for its care of a mesothelioma victim. This is the second hospice case of this nature that Rodney has completed in recent months.
AS was employed as a lagger’s mate by Apex Insulation which sent him to work at schools, factories and offices in the London area. He had to pour asbestos out of paper bags into a large tub where he mixed asbestos with water and took it to where the laggers were working. He stripped off old asbestos from pipes and boilers and swept up waste asbestos with a broom into piles. He breathed huge quantities of asbestos for about a year.
50 years later he contracted the fatal asbestos tumour of mesothelioma. St Francis Hospice in Romford cared for him as an in-patient during the last three weeks of his life from 11 March to 2 April 2008.
When his widow LS sued Apex Insulation for damages, Rodney Nelson-Jones included a claim for the value of the charitable care which St Francis Hospice had applied to her late husband. £12,500 was recovered for this, as part of the overall £187,500 settlement, and has been paid over to the hospice. The hospice director Dr Corinna Midgley expressed herself delighted to receive such a substantial sum which she said will be used to support other patients under the care of the hospice.
If you have been exposed to asbestos and would like further information please contact us by one of the following:
- You can speak to our mesothelioma solicitors on freephone 0800 358 3848
- e-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our short enquiry form
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
MOD issues asbestos warning to engineers working on Sea King helicopters
According to press reports this week, the Ministry of Defence has issued a warning to Royal Navy and RAF maintenance personnel who worked on Sea King helicopters that they may have come into contact with asbestos.
Sarah Wolf comments on worrying reports regarding asbestos use in the USA
The Fieldfisher mesothelioma team is closely monitoring the furore that has broken out in the US following reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has paved the way for the use of new products containing asbestos.
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case