Brian Thomas was exposed to asbestos when working for Percy Williams & Sons Limited, firstly as an apprentice carpenter and later as a carpenter between 1959 and 1965 in Redruth, Cornwall.
Tragically he contracted mesothelioma as a result of this exposure, which was diagnosed shortly after his 70th birthday. He had chemotherapy but passed away as a result of the mesothelioma in August 2013.
An admission of liability was obtained and an interim payment of compensation was made during Brian's lifetime, but he passed away before the claim could be settled. His widow instructed Caroline Pinfold to carry on the claim on behalf of his estate. She described how Brian had been a DIY enthusiast and builder, and keen gardener before he contracted the mesothelioma. He had also done maintenance work for their local church where he served as Deacon. They had enjoyed travelling and visiting Brian's children in Australia. The claim was successfully settled in February 2015.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Fieldfisher attends Mesothelioma UK Ladies Lunch
Bridget Collier, Shaheen Mosquera and Sarah Wolf from Fieldfisher's specialist asbestos team enjoyed Mesothelioma UK's Ladies Lunch at the Manchester Macdonald Hotel held on International Women's Day.
Johnson & Johnson update: Jury awards damages to woman suffering mesothelioma from asbestos in talc
A jury in California this week awarded $29m to a woman who said asbestos in Johnson & Johnson's talcum-powder-based products caused her mesothelioma cancer.
Landmark hearing could reveal vital background to asbestos epidemic
In the Supreme Court this Monday, 18th February, judges will hear an appeal that could result in important information about asbestos exposure in the UK made available to the public.
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
Bridget Collier leads Fieldfisher sponsored walk for Greater Manchester Asbestos Victim Support Group Charity