Andrew Morgan recovered more than £90,000 compensation for the family of William Galloway who died from mesothelioma, which he contracted as a result of asbestos exposure at work.
William Galloway was born in 1934. He left school at the age of 15 to work as a labourer at a lemonade factory.
When he was 16 he began working as a lagger at McIvers Ltd in Birkenhead. William worked there for a year and during this time he was exposed to asbestos.
Over the years William worked at a number of factories in Birkenhead and then on the Mersey docks. He was exposed to asbestos when working at Cammel Laird, VSEL Ltd and at Western Shiprepairers Ltd.
William retired in 1992 when he was 58.
In July 2008 William noticed that he was short of breath when he went out walking. He had previously walked up to 7 miles a day without any trouble. He also used to go dancing with his partner a couple of times a week but this also now caused him shortness of breath.
Towards the end of 2008 William was admitted to hospital as he had suffered a mini stroke. While at the hospital William explained his back pain and other symptoms to staff and he underwent a chest X-ray.
This revealed a growth on his lungs. William underwent a number of scans and biopsies and he was eventually diagnosed with mesothelioma in March 2009.
Unfortunately William died from his mesothelioma five months after the diagnosis.
William had instructed a solicitor based in Liverpool to pursue a mesothelioma claim but after William's death his daughter Lynn asked Andrew Morgan to continue the claim as she was unhappy with the progress that had been made by the first solicitors.
As well as being the executrix of Williams's estate Lynn had been William's carer throughout his illness, from November 2008 until his death the following August.
Andrew obtained the files and investigated the claim further. He issued proceedings against three of George’s former employers, R McIvor and Sons ltd, VSEL Ltd and Western Shiprepairers Ltd.
Andrew negotiated a settlement of more than £90,000 for William’s family. He also negotiated a payment of £2,400 for the hospice that cared for William during his last weeks.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Landmark hearing could reveal vital background to asbestos epidemic
In the Supreme Court this Monday, 18th February, judges will hear an appeal that could result in important information about asbestos exposure in the UK made available to the public.
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
MOD issues asbestos warning to engineers working on Sea King helicopters
According to press reports this week, the Ministry of Defence has issued a warning to Royal Navy and RAF maintenance personnel who worked on Sea King helicopters that they may have come into contact with asbestos.
Sarah Wolf comments on worrying reports regarding asbestos use in the USA
The Fieldfisher mesothelioma team is closely monitoring the furore that has broken out in the US following reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has paved the way for the use of new products containing asbestos.
Bridget Collier leads Fieldfisher sponsored walk for Greater Manchester Asbestos Victim Support Group Charity
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case