BC was exposed to asbestos when employed by Kitsons Insulation Company Limited in the 1960s. He mixed up powdered asbestos insulation material with water to form a paste and used this to cover boilers. He also cut sheets of asbestos to cover boilers. In the same period he also worked at Parkeston Quay in the scaling gang on ships that were owned by British Rail. He worked in the engine rooms of the ships where he had to remove old asbestos lagging, and again mix up powdered asbestos lagging. He also made mats stuffed with asbestos for use on the ships.
All of this work exposed BC to large amounts of asbestos dust and he was diagnosed as having mesothelioma as a result of these exposures in June 2013.
Caroline Pinfold successfully pursued BC's claim for compensation for mesothelioma against these employers and this was dealt with during his lifetime.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
The legacy of asbestos
Asbestos mining and manufacturing companies in Wittenoom, Western Australia have left a lasting legacy of the dangers of asbestos.
Peter Williams reacts to multi-billion dollar judgement against Johnson & Johnson in talc claims
American pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson was last week ordered to pay $4.69 billion to 22 women who have suffered ovarian cancer allegedly as a result of using talcum powder contaminated with asbestos.
Fieldfisher out in support of Action Mesothelioma Day 2018
On Friday 6 July 2018, Fieldfisher's Asbestos Team was out in support of Action Mesothelioma Day.
Cake sale at Guy’s Hospital for Mesothelioma UK
Fieldfisher helped to raise much needed funds for further mesothelioma research and support by selling lots of tasty treats at a cake sale at Guy's Hospital.