Mr Parsons was exposed when he worked for Anchor Insulations Company Limited, a well known lagging firm, between about 1950 and 1958. He was exposed for a much shorter period with Kitsons, another well known lagging firm. He was then employed by Ford Motor Company Limited.
Mr Parsons’ family had kept Apprenticeship records proving that Mr Parsons started working for Anchor Insulations as a lagger in October 1950. They also found a 1964 letter from Ford Motor Company Limited which confirmed that he worked there as a lagger, and that he had been working as a lagger previously. Another letter in the medical records confirmed that even as late as 1976 Mr Parsons was being exposed to asbestos whilst working at Fords as a lagger.
Using these documents Andrew Morgan was able to prove that Mr Parsons had been exposed to asbestos for more than 25 years. As a result, the Defendants accepted that the asbestos exposure caused the lung cancer even though Mr Parsons had been a smoker. Mrs Parsons accepted a settlement offer of £90,000.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Fieldfisher attends Mesothelioma UK Ladies Lunch
Bridget Collier, Shaheen Mosquera and Sarah Wolf from Fieldfisher's specialist asbestos team enjoyed Mesothelioma UK's Ladies Lunch at the Manchester Macdonald Hotel held on International Women's Day.
Johnson & Johnson update: Jury awards damages to woman suffering mesothelioma from asbestos in talc
A jury in California this week awarded $29m to a woman who said asbestos in Johnson & Johnson's talcum-powder-based products caused her mesothelioma cancer.
Landmark hearing could reveal vital background to asbestos epidemic
In the Supreme Court this Monday, 18th February, judges will hear an appeal that could result in important information about asbestos exposure in the UK made available to the public.
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
Bridget Collier leads Fieldfisher sponsored walk for Greater Manchester Asbestos Victim Support Group Charity
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case