Christopher Robin Clifton (“Robin”) was employed by Randolph Harper Limited from 1961 until about 1988.
Up until the early 1980’s, when Asbestolux was banned, he used to have to saw through Asbestolux sheets as part of his job. As a result he developed mesothelioma in September 2003 and initially instructed local solicitors to make a claim. However, Randolph Harper Ltd had ceased trading and the owner had since passed away. Sadly Mr Clifton died 18 months later, in February 2005, without any insurers having been traced.
Mr Clifton’s partner, Valerie, instructed the same solicitors to pursue the claim on his behalf but they could not continue with the claim, because they could not trace the insurers.
In 2008, more than three years after Mr Clifton died, Valerie instructed Andrew Morgan to take over the claim. He obtained the file of papers from the previous solicitors and reviewed the material that they had obtained.
Amongst those papers Andrew found a document that identified the correct insurers. The previous solicitors had not understood its significance. Andrew issued court proceedings and the case was settled at its full value of £140,000.
Alternatively, if you have been exposed to asbestos and would like further information please contact us by one of the following:
- You can speak to our mesothelioma solicitors on freephone 0800 358 3848
- e-Mail us at email@example.com
- Complete our short enquiry form
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Fieldfisher attends Mesothelioma UK Ladies Lunch
Bridget Collier, Shaheen Mosquera and Sarah Wolf from Fieldfisher's specialist asbestos team enjoyed Mesothelioma UK's Ladies Lunch at the Manchester Macdonald Hotel held on International Women's Day.
Johnson & Johnson update: Jury awards damages to woman suffering mesothelioma from asbestos in talc
A jury in California this week awarded $29m to a woman who said asbestos in Johnson & Johnson's talcum-powder-based products caused her mesothelioma cancer.
Landmark hearing could reveal vital background to asbestos epidemic
In the Supreme Court this Monday, 18th February, judges will hear an appeal that could result in important information about asbestos exposure in the UK made available to the public.
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
Bridget Collier leads Fieldfisher sponsored walk for Greater Manchester Asbestos Victim Support Group Charity
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case