Mr C was employed as an electrician by the Maudsley Hospital in Denmark Hill in London from 1957 to 1995. He was exposed to asbestos in that employment when working in ducts beneath the hospital where broken pieces of lagging on the floor would be routinely disturbed as he walked through and pulled cables through the ducts. He also had to sweep up pieces of lagging left by contractors who had stripped this from pipes in the ducts. During annual inspections, Mr C helped maintenance fitters to strip asbestos lagging from the boilers and steam pipes. He also encountered asbestos lagging when carrying out routine work in plant rooms and gaining access to the instruments on the boilers.
As a result of these exposures, Mr C developed mesothelioma from which he sadly died in July 2012. Mesothelioma solicitor, Caroline Pinfold successfully sued the Strategic Health Authority to recover full compensation for Mr C's family.
After the case was settled, Mrs C said:
"Your persistence and determination have resulted in a much greater payment of compensation than I would have anticipated. I especially appreciate the courtesy and sensitivity you have shown in all your dealings with myself and my late husband."
Alternatively, if you have been exposed to asbestos and would like further information please contact us by one of the following:
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Landmark hearing could reveal vital background to asbestos epidemic
In the Supreme Court this Monday, 18th February, judges will hear an appeal that could result in important information about asbestos exposure in the UK made available to the public.
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
MOD issues asbestos warning to engineers working on Sea King helicopters
According to press reports this week, the Ministry of Defence has issued a warning to Royal Navy and RAF maintenance personnel who worked on Sea King helicopters that they may have come into contact with asbestos.
Sarah Wolf comments on worrying reports regarding asbestos use in the USA
The Fieldfisher mesothelioma team is closely monitoring the furore that has broken out in the US following reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has paved the way for the use of new products containing asbestos.
Bridget Collier leads Fieldfisher sponsored walk for Greater Manchester Asbestos Victim Support Group Charity
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case