Peter Buckner was exposed to asbestos in his work as a carpenter for employers including Balfour Beatty for whom he worked at Dungeness power station in the 1960s. Laggers were working at the power station during the same period and he was exposed to asbestos dust from the lagging materials that they were using. This would cause huge clouds of dust in the air which no one working near them could avoid breathing in. No masks or other respiratory protection were provided to the men and as a result he could not avoid breathing in the asbestos dust and fibres.
Until August 2014 Peter and his wife went ballroom dancing 3 or 4 times a week, but he became very breathless and mesothelioma was diagnosed the following month. Fluid was drained from his lung and he had a permanent drain inserted into his chest. Sadly he lost weight and deteriorated quite quickly. He suffered considerable pain and his wife provided a great deal of care at home until he had to be admitted to hospital about a week before he passed away in November 2014.
Caroline Pinfold acted on behalf of Peter and then for his family in pursuing a successful claim. Mrs Buckner wrote "My family and I are so grateful for your help and advice in making a claim for compensation on behalf of my dear husband Peter, and we all send many thanks. The last few months have been very traumatic but your help has been invaluable."
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
MOD issues asbestos warning to engineers working on Sea King helicopters
According to press reports this week, the Ministry of Defence has issued a warning to Royal Navy and RAF maintenance personnel who worked on Sea King helicopters that they may have come into contact with asbestos.
Sarah Wolf comments on worrying reports regarding asbestos use in the USA
The Fieldfisher mesothelioma team is closely monitoring the furore that has broken out in the US following reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has paved the way for the use of new products containing asbestos.
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case