The Our 50 year old client worked for Newham Council (the Defendants) between 1977 and 1980. He was employed by them as a trainee plumber.
Whilst working for the Defendants, our client was exposed to dust produced by carpenters sawing panels used for pipe work, electrical ducting and pipes. In addition, he had to cut asbestos rope. The Council didn't supply masks, warn that asbestos was dangerous, take any precautions, or supply any working clothes.
Towards the end of 2006, the client experienced breathing problems and was admitted to the Basildon University hospital in November 2006 with a large left sided pleural effusion. A bronchoscopy was peformed there. In January 2007 he underwent a left thoracotomy and decortication at London Chest Hospital. As a result of the biopsy, he was diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma.
The Defendants' insurers conceded that on the balance of probability, our client was exposed to asbestos during the period he was employed by them, which increased the risk of him contracting mesothelioma. Rodney Nelson-Jones settled his case for £310,000 compensation within 6 months of his having contacted us. In addition, the Defendants agreed to pay his legal fees.
You can discuss your mesothelioma compensation claim with any member of our mesothelioma claims team on freephone 0800 358 3848, email email@example.com or complete our short enquiry form.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Landmark hearing could reveal vital background to asbestos epidemic
In the Supreme Court this Monday, 18th February, judges will hear an appeal that could result in important information about asbestos exposure in the UK made available to the public.
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
MOD issues asbestos warning to engineers working on Sea King helicopters
According to press reports this week, the Ministry of Defence has issued a warning to Royal Navy and RAF maintenance personnel who worked on Sea King helicopters that they may have come into contact with asbestos.
Sarah Wolf comments on worrying reports regarding asbestos use in the USA
The Fieldfisher mesothelioma team is closely monitoring the furore that has broken out in the US following reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has paved the way for the use of new products containing asbestos.
Bridget Collier leads Fieldfisher sponsored walk for Greater Manchester Asbestos Victim Support Group Charity
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case