Oliver was an apprentice carpenter at St Pancras Borough Council from about 1953 to about 1958. For about 6 months he worked on the refurbishment of the Prince of Wales Public Baths, Kentish Town in Camden. He worked alongside laggers who were mixing and applying lagging paste and he worked alongside plumbers who were ripping off old pipework and disturbing lagging in the process. As an apprentice he helped the plumbers and he himself demolished and removed existing pipe work and in this way he was exposed to asbestos dust. Although he remained in the building trade for the rest of his life he was never again exposed to asbestos.
Oliver developed a cough in September 2006. His condition deteriorated and in December 2006 Oliver was told that he had mesothelioma. Sadly, in May 2007 he died.
Andrew Morgan was contacted by Oliver and acted for him, and then for his widow. Andrew was able to prove and obtain full compensation even though Oliver’s brief period of exposure occurred more than 50 years previously.
Public Baths, Prince of Wales Road, Kentish Town.
You can discuss your mesothelioma compensation claim with any member of our mesothelioma claims team on freephone 0800 358 3848, email email@example.com or complete our short enquiry form.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Bussey decision comes too late for carpenter exposed to asbestos in 1960s London
Our most recent settlement in the case of Alan Kaszubowski sadly highlights how important the Bussey judgement was.
Asbestos rulings provide glimmer of hope for cancer sufferers
Employers can no longer hide behind a statistic that claimed to show a ‘safe’ level of exposure, which could pave the way for a wave of compensation claims, writes Peter Williams for The Times Brief.
Claimant lawyers hail landmark asbestos risk ruling
Caroline Pinfold's landmark case of Bussey vs Anglia Heating Ltd. was featured in the Law Society Gazette
Court of Appeal offers compensation hope to victims of asbestos poisoning
A landmark ruling that could pave the way for compensation for thousands of people suffering from cancer caused by asbestos.