Road Traffic Accident Claims
Every year, road traffic accidents cost thousands of lives, 40,000 serious injuries, three million NHS bed days, huge trauma, illness, and psychological problems.
At Fieldfisher we have one of the UK's leading Road Traffic Accident Injury teams in the UK. We are here to fight for you and to ensure that you have what you need to live your life with dignity.
- Cycling accidents
- Claims as a passenger or driver
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle
- Motorcycle accident claims
The team is led by Jill Greenfield, who is rated Band 1 in Chambers legal directory 2016. The team is also in Band 1 in Legal 500 for its personal injury expertise.
Road traffic accident claims often involve extremely severe injuries. A moment's lapse of judgement can lead to terrible consequences for the injured victim and their family.
Examples of our cases include
- Veronika, a cyclist who lost a leg when hit by a HGV
- Peter, whose motorbike accident left him paralysed
- Devbai, a pedestrian hit by a vehicle that mounted the pavement and suffered brain damage and serious limb injuries
- Justine, a back seat passenger who was in a car with a driver who lost control and suffered major brain damage and a serious back injury
- Miss X, a young child who suffered serious brain damage in a road traffic accident.
What we do
- We will seek immediate financial help (interim payments) for you from the insurer of the vehicle at fault. We have good relationships with defendant insurers. We do not send letters and await a response, we get on the phone and we push your case forward ensuring that the insurers understand the severity of the situation.
- If funds are not readily available we will issue proceedings and make a formal Court application for funds. We appreciate the pressing needs for you and your family and we will ensure that steps are taken early in your case.
- We will seek to ensure that you have the best possible Rehabilitation and will oversee any programme in place for you.
- We will arrange to have you seen by the top medical experts in the UK, ensuring that your injury is evaluated correctly and so that we know what the true long term impact is.
Specialist RTA solicitors
Road traffic accident claims we have handled successfully include accidents involving:
- Brain and head injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Claims on behalf of children
- Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) Claims
- Fatal Claims and Inquests
- Claims made by passengers
- Motorbike road traffic accidents
- Cyclists road traffic accidents
- Injuries involving pedestrians
- Injuries caused by defective vehicles
- International Claims
What you are able to claim for:
- Damages for the injury itself, to reflect the pain and suffering.
- Money to compensate for your loss of income.
- Funds to pay for new and adapted housing.
- Money to pay for therapists and professional carers.
- Specialist equipment and IT to assist.
- Specially adapted transport.
Recommended by charities and other organisations
We are recommended to victims of traffic accidents by special interest groups, charities and other organisations, including:
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Cake sale at Guy’s Hospital for Mesothelioma UK
Fieldfisher helped to raise much needed funds for further mesothelioma research and support by selling lots of tasty treats at a cake sale at Guy's Hospital.
Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment scheme – Time for the Government to increase the Tariff?
Fieldfisher has claimed compensation for those with Mesothelioma for over 30 years. Prior to 6th April 2014 compensation was only available for those employees who could both prove their...
Services to be aware of after a diagnosis of mesothelioma
This overview is intended to provide a general idea of who does what and where you can look for help after a diagnosis of mesothelioma.
Fieldfisher attends the PRASAG Grand Prix Dinner
Senior Associate Bridget Collier attended PRASAG's Grand Prix Dinner, which managed to raise over £37,000 to further the research and support for mesothelioma and asbestos related diseases