Road Traffic Accident Claims
Every year, road traffic accidents cost thousands of lives, 40,000 serious injuries, three million NHS bed days, huge trauma, illness, and psychological problems.
At Fieldfisher we have one of the UK's leading Road Traffic Accident Injury teams in the UK. We are here to fight for you and to ensure that you have what you need to live your life with dignity.
- Cycling accidents
- Claims as a passenger or driver
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle
- Motorcycle accident claims
The team is led by Jill Greenfield, who is rated Band 1 in Chambers legal directory 2016. The team is also in Band 1 in Legal 500 for its personal injury expertise.
Road traffic accident claims often involve extremely severe injuries. A moment's lapse of judgement can lead to terrible consequences for the injured victim and their family.
Examples of our cases include
- Veronika, a cyclist who lost a leg when hit by a HGV
- Peter, whose motorbike accident left him paralysed
- Devbai, a pedestrian hit by a vehicle that mounted the pavement and suffered brain damage and serious limb injuries
- Justine, a back seat passenger who was in a car with a driver who lost control and suffered major brain damage and a serious back injury
- Miss X, a young child who suffered serious brain damage in a road traffic accident.
What we do
- We will seek immediate financial help (interim payments) for you from the insurer of the vehicle at fault. We have good relationships with defendant insurers. We do not send letters and await a response, we get on the phone and we push your case forward ensuring that the insurers understand the severity of the situation.
- If funds are not readily available we will issue proceedings and make a formal Court application for funds. We appreciate the pressing needs for you and your family and we will ensure that steps are taken early in your case.
- We will seek to ensure that you have the best possible Rehabilitation and will oversee any programme in place for you.
- We will arrange to have you seen by the top medical experts in the UK, ensuring that your injury is evaluated correctly and so that we know what the true long term impact is.
Specialist RTA solicitors
Road traffic accident claims we have handled successfully include accidents involving:
- Brain and head injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Claims on behalf of children
- Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) Claims
- Fatal Claims and Inquests
- Claims made by passengers
- Motorbike road traffic accidents
- Cyclists road traffic accidents
- Injuries involving pedestrians
- Injuries caused by defective vehicles
- International Claims
What you are able to claim for:
- Damages for the injury itself, to reflect the pain and suffering.
- Money to compensate for your loss of income.
- Funds to pay for new and adapted housing.
- Money to pay for therapists and professional carers.
- Specialist equipment and IT to assist.
- Specially adapted transport.
Recommended by charities and other organisations
We are recommended to victims of traffic accidents by special interest groups, charities and other organisations, including:
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Charities we support
Dushal Mehta discusses the inquest of geneticist Maria Bitner-Glindzciz killed cycling in London
The coroner presiding over the inquest of Professor Bitner-Glindzciz this August heard evidence from witnesses to the accident, from the police and from the taxi driver who fatally injured the mother of two after she fell into his path in September 2018.
Positive move towards mandatory direct vision lorries in London by 2020
Transport for London is expected to issue a traffic regulation order making it mandatory for lorries driven in London to have a one star direct vision grading from October 2020.
Fieldfisher responds to request for help from Croydon bus crash victim
Following a serious bus accident in West Croydon on Sunday 11th November, Mark Bowman has confirmed he has been contacted by a person injured in the incident.
Simple scan to identify breech babies supported by partner Jane Weakley and senior midwife Charlene Francois
Proposals for coroners to investigate late-term stillbirths would provide relief to grieving families