Tom Ward, Partner, Corporate
I am a Partner in the corporate team, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions. I have particular expertise in advising corporates, management teams, investors and entrepreneurs on a range of private M&A, buyout and venture capital transactions in the technology, media and healthcare sectors..
I have recently advised:
- management and newco on the buyout of carehome operator Signature Senior Lifestyle from Cabot Square Capital, backed by Health Care REIT
- management on the secondary buyout of Independent Clinical Services by TowerBrook Capital from The Blackstone Group
- Investec Growth & Acquisition Finance on the leveraged funding of the ASK4 management buyout backed by Darwin Private Equity
- Investec Growth & Acquisition Finance on the refinancing by Metric Capital of media talent agency James Grant Group
- Advising Quiqup, an on-demand delivery mobile tech startup on a £2.5m vc fundraising led by Rocket Internet, Delivery Hero and several high net worth investors
- Advising edtech start-up Fuse Universal on a $10m Series A equity investment by US vc firm Education Growth Partners
- Advising various software, tech and retail startups on SEIS, EIS and Series A/B fundraisings, including Clinithink, Reflection.io, EcoSheet, OrSaveIt and Bolongaro Trevor
- Impact Europe Group on its disposal of Impact Marcom to AVM, backed by Alcuin Capital Partners
- Risk Capital and selling management shareholders on the disposal of portfolio company APT Controls
- DN Capital and selling management shareholders on the disposal of portfolio company Apsmart to Thomson Reuters
- managed data service provider 6 Degrees Group, on a private equity investment from Penta Capital and the subsequent portfolio acquisitions of Bluesquare Telecom, UK Solutions, Network Flow and Protel UK
- Deutsche Börse AG on its acquisition of cloud software firm Impendium Systems
- Exclusive Media Group on its acquisitions of Icon Entertainment International and Majestic Films
- Universal Pictures on its joint venture to establish Working Title Television
I have recently written articles on technology focussed M&A and trends in venture capital and corporate venturing.
I am also involved in several pro bono initiatives in the firm and am a current trustee of street children's charity Street Child World Cup.
I am a film fanatic and Arsenal fan and a keen runner and cyclist.