Ed Westhead, Director, Corporate
I am a director in Fieldfisher’s Equity Capital Markets team and advise on a broad range of corporate finance transactions, including flotations, public company takeovers and secondary fundraisings on both AIM and the Main Market, together with other general corporate law advice.
I act for a wide range of listed companies, brokers and nominated advisers and have a particular focus on the life sciences, natural resources and technology sectors.
The 2017 edition of the Legal 500 describes me as, "highly regarded".
I am a member of the exam panel for the CISI/ICAEW Diploma in Corporate Finance .
Recent notable transactions that I have worked on include acting for:
- Panmure Gordon and Bank DeGroof Petercam on the reverse takeover of Ecuphar (the Belgian veterinary medicines business ) by AIM-quoted Animalcare Group plc, its associated fundraising of c. £33 million and readmission to AIM (voted "AIM Transaction of the Year" at the annual AIM Awards 2017)
- Panmure Gordon and JP Morgan on the secondary fundraising of Horizon Discovery plc (the gene editing, diagnostics and CRO services business) raising £25 million and for Panmure Gordon and on Horizon Discovery's IPO, raising £70 million
- Panmure Gordon on the IPO and subsequent fundraisings and acquisitions of Midatech Pharma plc (the nano medicine and targeted therapies business)
- Oriel Securities (now Stifel) on the IPO of Ergomed plc (the clinical trials services and drug development business) and acting for Numis and N+1 Singer on Ergomed's subsequent acquisitions and secondary fundraisings
- EVR Holdings (the virtual reality content provider) on its reverse takeover of Melody VR and its readmission to AIM
- finnCap on the reverse acquisition by AIM quoted-Nautilus Marine Services plc of a number of offshore services assets and its readmission to AIM
- Panmure Gordon and UK Bond Network, the debt funding platform, on the secondary fundraisings of Venture Life Group plc and its acquisition of Periproducts
- Circle Holdings plc, on its innovative corporate reorganisation and employee ownership scheme of the private medical partnership.