Carly Schiff, Senior Associate, Restructuring and Insolvency
- United Kingdom office
- Download v-card
- View on LinkedIn
- +44 (0) 207 861 4714
My work in the Restructuring and Insolvency group involves both individual and corporate insolvencies, acting mainly for office holders and creditors (both secured and unsecured) to recover and realise assets for the benefit of creditors. I act on both contentious and non-contentious matters.
I have been recognised in Chambers & Partners as a "Star Associate" and described as "technically strong and determined" and that I "bring(s) a refreshingly commercial approach to insolvency work, excellent technical knowledge and a real ability to get to the core of the problem."
I hold Higher Rights of Audience (civil proceedings).
My experience covers the full range of insolvency and restructuring work, from distressed sale/purchases and trading insolvencies to pursuing actions against directors and multimillion pound frauds.
I have keen attention to detail and provide client focused, strategic advice that is results driven.
My insolvency experience has allowed me to work across a variety of sectors including healthcare, retail, hotels and leisure and sustainable energy.
- Securing a million plus settlement at mediation in respect of various antecedent transactions in a bankruptcy matter.
- pursuing a significant void disposition claim resulting in a 10 day hearing at the High Court
- obtaining and enforcing a multimillion pound judgment in multi jurisdictions in respect of breach of fiduciary duties and dishonest assistance.
- dealing with various claims including a right of way issue, ROT claim, preference and misfeasance claims in an administration resulting in the rescue of the company.
- investigating a multimillion pound investment fraud
I have provided various training sessions to clients and spoken at R3 regional meetings. I have also been an author for the LexisNexis PSL question and answer service.