Hannah Piper, Associate, Dispute Resolution
I am an associate in the Dispute Resolution group with broad experience in commercial disputes.
My work includes advising clients on contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, professional negligence claims and contentious insolvency matters. I also regularly advise on matters involving fraudulent conduct, bribery, corruption and money laundering. My experience also includes providing advice in the travel industry.
My clients praise me for the enthusiasm and energy I bring to their cases. I believe it is important to build a strong relationship with my clients in order to understand what they want to achieve and to get the best outcome.
Matters I have worked on include:
- Professional negligence proceedings in the High Court in London against a boutique investment bank
- Wrongful trading and professional negligence proceedings against directors of a large insolvent company in the High Court funded by litigation funding
- Acting for company directors in connection with claims of tax evasion against HMRC
- Defending a minority shareholder in a shareholder dispute
- Advising a financial services company on matters arising out of suspected fraudulent conduct by its client
- Advising a large engineering company on a number of contractual disputes
- Attending a police raid on behalf of a client and advising subsequently on a bribery investigation
I have co-authored an article in Fraud Intelligence on Deferred Prosecution Agreements.
In my spare time I am a lover of film and the outdoors.