Ady van Nieuwenhuizen, Partner, Intellectual Property
- Netherlands office
- Download v-card
- View on LinkedIn
- Follow on Twitter
- +31202252220 +31657053957
I am a European privacy and intellectual property lawyer, with a particular focus on privacy (GDPR/AVG), cybersecurity, digital/social media, e-commerce and new technologies. I litigate and advise on the classical soft IP issues, but also on issues with respect to marketing, advertising, internet and privacy.
I litigate and advise on al kind of issues with respect to privacy (global privacy projects, BCR projects, GDPR implementation projects, data breaches, SAR requests etc.). I also litigate and advise on the classical soft IP issues, but also on issues with respect to marketing, advertising and internet.
I am hands-on, responsive and solutions orientated. My experience in the technology sector has involved me working with start-ups, large multinationals and non-government organisations in digital media, data and telecoms projects"
- I am a member of European Trade Mark Association (ECTA) and member of ECTA Internet Committee and founder and board member of The FIPE (Female Intellectual Property Experts).
- Dutch Advertising Law Association (VvRr)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Benelux association for trademark and design law (BMM)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Netherlands Association of Intellectual Property Litigiation Lawyers (VIEPA)
- Dutch Privacy Association (VPR)
- Formerly I was on the Social Media Marketing Code study committee, where I advised clients on the special new Social Media Marketing advertising code on behalf of the Advertising Law Association.
I have spoken widely (lectures at universities - national and international, conferences etc) and written many articles on both IP and GDPR topics.
In my spare time I enjoy running. I enjoy spending time to read books and going to museums and travelling abroad with my family.