Colin Gibson, Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution
I am Head of Dispute Resolution at Fieldfisher and a partner in our London office specialising in complex litigation and arbitration.
I have broad experience in commercial disputes, domestically and internationally. My key expertise is in commercial/corporate disputes, construction/technical disputes, domestic and international trade disputes and defamation.
My recent work has included:
• ICC arbitration proceedings in Vienna concerning the construction of a major football stadium.
• Libel proceedings in the High Court in London for a high-profile individual.
• LCIA arbitration proceedings in London concerning the sale of a cutting edge technology company.
• Proceedings in the Commercial Court in London concerning the acquisition of a renowned copper mine.
• Professional negligence proceedings in the High Court in London against a boutique investment bank.
• ICC arbitration proceedings in Vienna concerning a major transnational electricity project.
I have been published in The Lawyer, New Law Journal, Entertainment Law Review and Solicitors Journal on a variety of litigation and arbitration issues as well as being interviewed by both the Guardian and the Independent on libel matters.
I have appeared live on BBC television and radio discussing litigation and defamation issues as well as speaking at both the British Turkish Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association.
Languages spoken: French (conversational).
I am the firm's LGBT Champion and strong advocate of diversity in the profession. In my spare time I play Sunday League football and golf.
'Incisive, has good commercial judgement' – Legal 500 2017
‘Personally charming, but also tough and single-minded in pursuit of his clients’ interests’ – Legal 500 2017