Ron Feldman, Partner, Derivatives and Structured Finance
I am a partner in the Financial Markets & Products Group at Fieldfisher with a broad experience in providing legal advice in relation to derivatives and structured finance transactions, prime brokerage and asset custody arrangements, to global financial institutions and hedge funds. I also provide financial services regulatory advice on matters such as the current international derivatives reform.
I acted as a key contact for international financial institutions and clients during the last financial crisis.
Prior to joining Fieldfisher, I was a partner at the asset management specialist MJ Hudson and held senior positions at the London office of the New York law firm Schulte Roth & Zabel and in-house at the investment bank Credit Suisse. Prior to that, I was a Legal Counsel at Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen Girozentrale in Frankfurt and London.
Co-authored alerts for clients on topics such as:
- “New EMIR Variation Margin Requirements” (August 2017);
- “The SFT Regulation Comes into Effect on 12 January 2016,” later republished in The Hedge Fund Journal (January 2016);
- “Derivatives Update: ESMA Announces the Approval of Trade Repositories and Central Reporting Obligation Date,” (13 Nov. 2013);
- “Eurozone Crisis: ISDA Publishes the Illegality/Force Majeure Protocol” (12 July 2012).
Co-authored publications such as:
- “UK Special Administration Regime” The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (4 Dec. 2011);
- “Proposed Changes to Europe’s Derivatives Regulatory Structure: EMIR & MIFID II” Bloomberg Law Reports — UK Financial Services Law (September 2011)
- “Management Company Structuring and Operations,” in London (March 2014)
- “CFTC and Derivatives Update,” in New York (January 2014)
- “SEFs and Clearing in the US and EU: How to Prepare” (November 2013)
- “CFTC US Person Definition and the Scope of EMIR: The Impact on Hedge Fund Managers” (September 2013)