Ron Feldman, Partner, Derivatives and Structured Finance
I am a partner in the Financial Markets & Products Group at Fieldfisher with a broad experience in providing legal advice in relation to derivatives and structured finance transactions, prime brokerage and asset custody arrangements, to global financial institutions and hedge funds. I also provide financial services regulatory advice on matters such as the current international derivatives reform.
I acted as a key contact for international financial institutions and clients during the last financial crisis.
Prior to joining Fieldfisher, I was a partner at the asset management specialist MJ Hudson and held senior positions at the London office of the New York law firm Schulte Roth & Zabel and in-house at the investment bank Credit Suisse. Prior to that, I was a Legal Counsel at Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen Girozentrale in Frankfurt and London.
- "Financial markets and derivatives - upcoming changes and how to respond", Institute of directors, London;
- “Management Company Structuring and Operations,” in London;
- “CFTC and Derivatives Update,” in New York;
- “SEFs and Clearing in the US and EU: How to Prepare”;
- “CFTC US Person Definition and the Scope of EMIR: The Impact on Hedge Fund Managers”.
Co-authored alerts for clients on topics such as:
- "Derivatives and Financial Markets Horizon";
- “New EMIR Variation Margin Requirements”;
- “The SFT Regulation”, later republished in The Hedge Fund Journal;
- “Derivatives Update: ESMA Announces the Approval of Trade Repositories and Central Reporting Obligation Date,”;
- “Eurozone Crisis: ISDA Publishes the Illegality/Force Majeure Protocol”.
Co-authored publications such as:
- “UK Special Administration Regime” The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation;
- “Proposed Changes to Europe’s Derivatives Regulatory Structure: EMIR & MIFID II” Bloomberg Law Reports — UK Financial Services Law.