Elaine Field, Associate, Real Estate Planning
Elaine Field is an Associate in our Real Estate Group, part of our Planning Team in Manchester. She advises on all aspects of planning and has previously worked in both the public and private sectors. Elaine frequently provides strategic planning advice on a broad range of transactions ranging from highway infrastructure projects, residential schemes, mixed use developments, education schemes, compulsory purchase, retail developments, compulsory purchase and village green matters. She has also advised on developments in sensitive areas such as in greenbelts, Special Protection Areas and land within COMAH risk zones. Elaine regularly advises on complex planning and highway agreements, planning appeals, judicial reviews and enforcement matters. Elaine will deal with any planning related matters including the negotiation and completion of the s106 agreement.
Elaine's experience includes:
- Residential – Acting for residential developers such as Taylor Wimpey in connections with schemes ranging from single dwellings to large mixed use schemes incorporating over 800 dwellings, retail, community uses, SuDS mitigation measures, open space and highway issues. Elaine regularly provides strategic advice on schemes and dealt with complex planning and highway agreements.
- Retail – Acted for retail clients including Asda, Sainsbury's and Stadium Developments in relation to a range of planning matter including planning agreements, highway matters, strategic advice, land assembly issues, listed buildings, village green applications and enforcement matters.
- Compulsory Purchase – Acted for both acquiring authorities and objectors on various CPO schemes including town centre regeneration schemes, education schemes for replacement schools and highway schemes. Elaine also regularly advises on compensation matters arising as a result of CPO schemes and the execution/use of public works.
- Infrastructure – Elaine regularly advises infrastructure clients such as utility companies, highway authorities and renewable energy companies on various planning matter
- Investors – Elaine regularly undertakes planning due diligence on investment proposals and advises clients on potential issues and enforcement matters.
Elaine has a wealth of experience in assisting clients obtain planning permission and dealing with planning issues. As a result of having worked in both the public and private sectors, Elaine has the ability to work closely with local authorities whilst at the same time being commercial.
Elaine has a BA (Hons) in International Business Studies with Russian from Northumbria University. She went on to study Law and qualified as a solicitor in 2005.