Owain Davies, Associate
I am an Associate in the equity capital markets team at Fieldfisher.
I have advised on a broad range of corporate finance transactions, including flotations, secondary fundraisings and other general corporate law advice. I have acted for brokers, nominated advisers and private and listed companies, both domestic and foreign, primarily on the Main Market and AIM.
Having trained at the firm, I qualified as a corporate solicitor in September 2013. I work predominantly in the energy, natural resources sector, having advised mining and oil and gas companies in various jurisdictions around the world, including the UK, North America, South America and Africa.
Recent notable transactions include:
- Eqtec plc: worked on the recent reverse takeover of a waste gasification energy company in Spain and its re-admission to AIM.
- Cabot Energy plc: assisted with the fundraising of $16.5m pursuant to a placing, subscription and open offer.
- Echo Energy plc: worked on its recent reverse takeover of certain oil and gas assets in Argentina, its re-admission to AIM and associated fundraising of £6.4m.
- Panmure Gordon plc: advised on the re-admission of Animalcare Group to AIM following its acquisition of a veterinary pharmaceutical company. This transaction won AIM Transaction of the Year at the AIM Awards 2017.
- Cenkos Securities plc: following the success of the Gateley and Keystone IPOs (which I also worked on), we assisted Cenkos in its role as nominated adviser on the recent listing of Rosenblatt law firm, the fourth law firm in the UK to list. The associated fundraising raised £43m.