Nathan Capone, Director, Dispute Resolution
I am a Director within the Dispute Resolution team. I have worked on a number of commercial high value disputes and have experience across a broad range of sectors. I have particular expertise in international fraud disputes and investigations and I have significant experience acting for claimants to secure freezing injunctions in the High Court in this respect. My investigation work often overlaps with claims for breach of confidence resulting from the theft and use of confidential business information.
I have lead on a number of high-profile investigations and court actions involving household names, some recent highlights of which include:
- Representing a multi-national company in a multi-million pound dispute involving allegations of fraud by a bribed agent.
- Securing a freezing injunction for a high-net worth individual as part of a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Conducting an investigation on behalf of an international sports federation involving parallel judicial investigations in several jurisdictions.
- Conducting an investigation spanning multiple jurisdictions on behalf of a global financial services provider concerning allegations of corruption.
- Conducting an investigation on behalf of a FTSE 100 company relating to the theft of confidential business information by a competitor.
I have an academic background in media law and regularly advise clients on issues of reputation management, including actions in defamation, privacy and harassment. I have advised individuals and corporate entities in these areas and I have been involved in actions against major broadsheet newspapers as well as several online media entities. I have been quoted on media law issues in several newspapers, including The Times, The Guardian and The Daily Mail.
In my spare time enjoy hiking and travelling as well as obsessing over Arsenal FC.