Rashpaul Bahia, Partner, Commodities
- London office
- Download v-card
- +44 (0) 20 7861 4811 + 44 (0) 7552 870491
I am an energy and commodities lawyer with over 16 years’ experience in acting for banks, trading houses, utilities and energy and commodities companies on energy, natural resources and commodities transactions.
I advise clients on physically and financially settled commodities trading matters, structured energy trading arrangements, asset optimisation structures, energy management services arrangements involving generation facilities, M&A matters and cross border trading services transactions.
I have documented sale and purchase agreements, direct market access arrangements, structured or finance linked transactions, with underlyings involving power, gas, coal, oil, metals, freight, LNG and agricultural commodities.
- Advising a leading energy trader in relation to the financing, security and power and gas trading arrangements with a utility company.
- Advising various market participants on market leading power plant optimisation structures, involving fuel procurement, offtake, derivatives, financing and security arrangements.
- Advising a leading US investment bank on the disposal of its power, gas and emissions trading business.
- Advising on numerous asset and trading portfolio sale and purchase transactions for market participants involving power and gas, base metals, freight and coal products.
- Advising clients on commodities prepayment transactions.
- Advising on the set up of trading operations.
- Advising clients on industry standard trading documentation such as EFET and ISDA.
The Legal 500 (2017) describes Rashpaul as “as great transactional lawyer”, and “having very good expertise and knowing the market exceptionally well”.
Recommended in The Legal 500 (2016) in Band 1 for Commodities: Derivatives.
The Legal 500 (2015) describes Rashpaul as “highly recommended for structured commodities deals”.