Anna Bond, Partner, Court of Protection & Deputyship
Anna Bond joined Fieldfisher as a Partner in 2017, and leads the firm's dedicated Court of Protection team. She has specialised exclusively in Court of Protectionwork for over ten years and has considerable experience of managing complex deputyships and personal injury trusts for adults and children. Many of Anna's clients have sustained serious brain injuries as a result of catastrophic accidentsor birth trauma and have received substantial damages awards which need to be managed carefully in order to meet their lifetime needs.
Anna's experience includes:
- Acting as a professional deputy and trustee
- Providing expert evidence on Court of Protection and deputyship costs
- Dealing with complex statutory will proceedings
- Making applications to the Court of Protection for gifts and settlements
- Investigating suspected financial abuse of vulnerable individuals and reporting to the Court of Protection
- Making health and welfare applications to the Court of Protection to determine disputed welfare issues and to appoint welfare deputies
- Acting for and advising non-solicitors in connection with Court of Protection applications and their role and responsibilities as a lay deputy or trustee
Anna works closely with her clients, their families, case managers, support teams and litigation lawyers to ensure that her clients' property and financial affairs are managed as collaboratively as possible. She recognises the importance of being flexible and pragmatic in her approach in order to ensure her clients' needs are identified and met on an ongoing basis.
Anna read Law at Durham University and graduated with a First Class degree. She went on to complete her LPC at the College of Law, London with distinction. Prior to joining Fieldfisher, she worked at two of the country's leading Court of Protection practices and managed the London team of a national Court of Protection department. She is a member of the Court of Protection Practitioners' Association (CoPPA) and has been recognised in the Legal 500 for her Court of Protection work on cases for children with cerebral palsy.
Anna is described in Legal 500 as having a "great air of confidence which is very reassuring for clients and they always feel valued. Her approach is totally client centred".