Fieldfisher hosts official Amsterdam launch party
Last night, Fieldfisher NV celebrated its official opening.
The Amsterdam branch of the firm went live 1 May 2017, the party was an opportunity to welcome clients and colleagues to the new premises and celebrate the new chapter in the firm's history.
The office is led by Marcel Willems, a partner who specialises in litigation, restructuring and contract law, alongside Jan Schouten, Marinus de Waal, Frans-Jozef Crousen and Louis Bouchez. Jan, Frans-Jozef and Louis have over 20 years' experience in the corporate transactions practice. Jan is a civil-law notary and Marinus has over ten years' experience in corporate transactions and cross-border structuring and is also a candidate notary .
The practice focuses on corporate, finance and insolvency, business structuring (including inward investment), commercial contracts, compliance and governance and corporate litigation.
The opening of the office completes a record breaking year for Fieldfisher.
In the last twelve months the firm has:
- Posted a 34% global increase in profit to £165m and PEP increased 16%
- Acquired four offices - three international (Italy, China and the Netherlands) and one in Birmingham
- Opened six new offices
- Taken on a record number of lateral hires - 23 new laterals in last 12 months in all countries
- Internally promoted a record number of nine to the partnership
- Launched an innovation product (Condor Legal) which combines the legal and regulatory expertise of Fieldfisher lawyers with the document, data management and technology solutions of market-leading third party service providers
Commenting on the opening, Michael Chissick, Managing Partner of Fieldfisher, says, "It is wonderful to be at the official opening of our Amsterdam office. The Netherlands has always been a key jurisdiction for us. Before we opened here, we would send more work to this jurisdiction than any others where we didn't have a presence, and our new office is a real opportunity for us. There is a natural synergy with the firm's key sectors including energy, life sciences and tech. The team here have had a superb start and I cannot wait to see how it grows in the future.”
Marcel, Managing Partner of Fieldfisher NV, adds, "The party was a great success. We were delighted to see so many clients, colleagues and friends celebrate with us and mark this milestone. We have ambitious growth plans for the office and we are currently looking to recruit IP/IT and employment lawyers. The firm has had a fantastic year and we know the Amsterdam office will support the firm's continued development in the future."