Our corporate practice includes M&A, Joint Venture, Corporate Dissolution and Liquidation. We have assisted both large and complex M&As of listed companies as well as the acquisition and sale of SMEs. Our extensive M&A experience, transaction management and negotiation skills, ensure the best deals for our clients. Our highly qualified M&A team is able to provide sound and economic solutions to suit the practical needs of our clients in all stages of an M&A project. From the initial transaction structure and financing plans through to due diligence, preparation and negotiation of documents, and reorganization after an acquisition, we will ensure we have the best team in place to ensure complete satisfaction and ease. We work in close collaboration with the other offices of Fieldfisher’s global network, this ensures that cross-border investors receive a high quality service from our multilingual team and their flexible and efficient project management skills.
Our ability to fully and properly assist clients looking to take on overseas construction work as part of the “One Belt One Road” project distinguishes us from other domestic law firms. We have the key skills and structural advantages that make facilitating these outbound investments possible:
- Relying on our overseas offices, we can provide a fully integrated one-stop legal service both inside and outside of China;
- We can provide charging and payment schemes to which Chinese clients are more accustomed to.
We also represent foreign investors to cooperate with state-owned company, public company and private company in the project of joint venture. We conduct due diligence, build and optimize the transaction structure, participate in the negotiation during the transaction, draft documentation such as memorandum of understanding, contract and articles of association, represent the parties involved to apply to the relevant authorities and completethe transaction procedures.
We have profound experience on dissolution of company, and voluntary liquidation and compulsory liquidation of company. We assist clients evaluate whether a company is qualified for dissolution and proceed the dissolution process by achieving resolution or filing a litigation. Meanwhile, after the dissolution of the company, we assist clients to establish liquidation team, draft liquidation proposal and lead clients to perform the liquidation proposal, or apply to the court for compulsory liquidation where the voluntary liquidation cannot be achieved and represent clients in the process of the compulsory liquidation.
As a result of our vast expertise in corporate field, we have been appointed as legal counsel fora lot of enterprises and have been entrusted with their day-to-day legal affairs and legal risk management.
We work with a wide range of clients across numerous industries, from start-ups and SMEs to large multinational corporations. Our knowledge and experience make us well placed to provide our clients with a tailored, commercially valued and cost effective solution.
- Representing a Canada listed asset management company in its acquisition of two SOEs’ equity interests in a Chinese leading fund management company;
- Representing a world top 500 German group company in the acquisition of a subsidiary of a large-size PRC state-owned group company in wind power industry;
- Representing a Swedish listed group company in the acquisition of a Singaporean leading provider of supply chain management services with 11 subsidiaries in China;
- Representing a German electrical power tools manufacturer in its acquisition of a Chinese private company;
- Representing a German steel wheel manufacturing company in its acquisition of two foreign invested enterprises in China;
- Representing a European listed company in its acquisition of a Chinese mining enterprise;
- Representing a German automotive company in its acquisition of a Chinese automotive supplier;
- Representing a US leading fast moving consumer goods corporation in the restructuring and reorganization of its over 20 subsidiaries in China;
- Representing a German automotive company in its re-investment in China;
- Representing a German automotive company in the establishment of a holding company in China;
- Representing a Swiss machine tool company in the establishment of a Sino-foreign joint venture company in China;
- Representing a German wholesale trading company in its disposal of wholesale stores in China.