Whatever and wherever the project in question, obtaining the right advice on the structure, documentation and procedures for raising or securing finance on it is vital. We can help. We don’t just act for funders, we also advise sponsors, developers, project companies, suppliers, off-takers and other parties involved.
We know it is necessary to have a knowledge of the operational issues involved in complex financing. We make it our job to understand how each project will work so that we can put in place workable financing structures.
Furthermore, we advise both funders and borrowers on all aspects of their business, including licensing, key revenue generating contracts, procurement, regulatory and competition matters.
We have advised on projects all over the world but are particularly active in Europe and the emerging markets of the CIS and Eastern Europe. Our experience includes energy infrastructure, offshore facilities.
Our alternative legal solutions platform provides clients with customisable and process efficient services including data extraction and analytics, large scale documentation products and trading documentation.
Our flexible resourcing solution, CondorFlight Senior Lawyers, provides legal support by the hour or by the day without the need to instruct a law firm.
Notable deals / highlights
- Advised an AIM-listed company on the financing arrangements for the re-start of commercial production for a copper mine in Western Europe. This included a $175m copper forward purchase transaction and associated hedging arrangements being arranged by a major US investment bank, arrangements for a $35m standby facility and a $15m cost-overrun facility and project financing.
- Advised an energy infrastucture company on its revenue generating customer contracts, including aspects affecting their value as security for the project financing, and regulatory issues.Advised a major Japanese corporation on project in the offshore oil sector for the joint venture financing of exploration and production infrastructure.
- Acted for a European commercial bank in relation to a €75m facility from the International Finance Corporation, which is being provided to enable our client to provide funding for qualifying local renewable energy and municipal infrastructure projects.
- Advised on the financing of a mining project in Africa.
- Acted for a US investment bank in its role as Offshore Account Bank in relation to the sale and transportation of crude oil through the Chad Cameroon Pipeline and the collection and payment of related tariffs.
- Advised a French development finance institution on making a loan for the purpose of implementing the construction and operation of a waste heat recovery system for associated electricity generation in India.