Our Equity Capital Markets team comprises more than 25 lawyers based across our offices in the UK and Europe with dedicated expertise in equity capital market transactions including IPOs and secondary fundraising.
With a client base of over 50 companies quoted on the Official List, AIM, Euronext Growth and ISDX markets, as well as a wide range of investment banks, brokers, sponsors and nominated advisers, our lawyers are well placed to advise on your transaction.
We advise clients on all stages of their growth and development from start-up, through private funding rounds and ultimate IPO to listed company. We also advise clients on corporate mergers and acquisitions (whether public takeovers or private transactions), meaning that that we are capable of providing in-depth and comprehensive advice on all aspects of corporate activity undertaken by clients.
Throughout our International network we cover all sectors including tech, energy, retail, hotels and leisure, financial services and funds, media and technology, healthcare and life sciences, natural resources, real estate and transport.
- Initial public offerings on the Main Market, AIM, Euronext and Euronext Growth
- Pre-IPO private placements, planning and restructuring
- Secondary fundraisings (including placings, rights issues, open offers and vendor placings)
- Acquisitions /Reverse Takeovers
- Public takeovers (including advising investment banks and bidders and targets on takeovers of quoted companies in both recommended and hostile situations)
- Corporate Governance
Why use Fieldfisher?
- Fieldfisher’s Equity Capital Markets practice (AIM) is ranked in Band
1 in Chambers and Partners 2017 (one of only seven firms to be so
- Our partners are ranked as leading individuals in the Capital
Markets (AIM) rankings of Chambers and Partners 2017.
- Our ECM team acts for over 50 companies quoted on AIM or the
Main Market, including a broad range (we believe the broadest in
the City) of investment banks, brokers and nominated advisers.
- Many of our team solely advise on equity capital markets work – we
are not generalists. You will be advised by specialists in their field.
- Our expertise is reflected in the amount of transactions we work on
– we acted on five of the first seven new admissions to AIM in the
first months of 2017 and over 40 fundraisings in the last 12 months.
- Our lawyers have extensive experience of advising AIM listed
companies on growth through 'buy and build‘.
- We were proud to have acted on the “AIM Transaction of the Year”
as voted at the most recent AIM Awards.
- The newly created capital markets team within Fieldfisher Paris is notably very well introduced in the life sciences sector (in 2017, a large part of the department’s operations have been in this sector) and advises a wide range of biotech, medtech and cleantech listed companies.
- Rosenblatt Group plc: Advised Cenkos Securities in its role as nominated adviser on the listing of Rosenblatt law firm and the associated fundraising which successfully raised £43 million. Rosenblatt was the fourth law firm in the UK to list following the introduction of the LSA in 2007 which enabled law firms to be owned and run by non-lawyers.
- Restore plc: Advised document management group Restore on its £88 million acquisition of TNT UK’s document management business. This was funded by a £51 million placing on AIM and £160 million of debt from a newly expanded syndicate.
- Diversified Gas & Oil plc: Advised Mirabaud Securities and Stifel Nicolaus Europe on the AIM secondary fundraising by Diversified Gas & Oil plc, which raised US$ 189 million. The amount raised is one of the largest AIM secondary fundraisings in the last year and doubles the company's market capitalisation.
- JSC KazMunaiGas Exploration Production: Acted as English legal advisers for JSC KazMunaiGas Exploration Production in respect of US$1.95 billion tender offer launched by the company in December 2017 for its GDRs and shares, valuing the company at US$5.6bn, and its delisting from the Official List of the London Stock Exchange and the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange.
- Atalaya Mining plc: Advised European copper producer Atalaya Mining on a cross-border deal which involved the placement of shares by institutional investors and key shareholders raising proceeds of £31 million.
- Advising Safran Corporate Ventures in the IPO of Kalray, of which Safran Corporate Ventures is a shareholder, on Euronext Growth to raise EUR 43.5 million.