Ensuring that money is spent wisely is a high priority for public bodies and utilities. Fair and open access to public contracts provides a critical source of business to suppliers in the private sector. It is vital that the application of the public procurement rules supports, rather than hinders, these goals.
When running competitions, you want to be sure that the process is challenge-proof, delivers the best possible value for money and meets the expectations of your internal clients and external stakeholders.
We understand what it takes to design and manage a process which is fit for purpose and legally robust, and we can advise you on all aspects of the process, including challenges, as well as support you proactively and effectively.
As a bidder, you must be satisfied that you are given a fair opportunity. You need the same information as all other bidders, clear requirements, transparent evaluation criteria and assurance that there are no hidden hurdles, benchmarks or weightings that are not fully revealed.
We have advised on some of the most complex, largest and innovative procurement projects in Europe. Our clients include most of the UK's central government departments and their agencies together with major non-departmental public bodies. On the private sector side our clients include major suppliers to Government in the fields of technology and telecoms, education.
Our public procurement practice is top ranked in the Chambers Legal Directory.
Notable deals / highlights
- FCO – Project Echo – global communications services for British overseas missions
- Buying Solutions (now Government Procurement Services) – PSN Convergence Frameworks
- National Savings & Investments – retender of business process outsourcing contract
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency – Search and Rescue Helicopters
- Pearson – challenge to procurement of computer-based testing services