- 18 Jun 2019
- 1pm - 6pm
- Live Event
Fieldfisher (Belgium) LLP
Boulevard Louis Schmidt 29
Fieldfisher will hold its Annual Data Protection Conference in Brussels on 18 June 2019. One year after the GDPR came into effect, this conference offers to step back and take stock. We will discuss recent legal developments in Belgium and key decisions from DPAs and courts from the past months in Europe, but also privacy and consumer protection, online privacy, and the protection of privacy in the blockchain era.
13h00 Registration and coffee
13h35: Session 1 - Key data protection developments
1. Recent data protection developments in Belgium
Tim Van Canneyt, Partner; Lisa De Smet, Associate
2. Privacy and consumer protection: the EU makes B2C contract law enter the age of data
Julien-Alexis Defromont, Associate
3. Online privacy: is online advertising condemned to disappear?
Tim Van Canneyt, Partner; Soo Mee Provoost, Associate
4. One year of enforcement: did the DPAs live up to expectations?
Olivier Proust, Partner; Alix Bertrand, Associate
15h15: Coffee break
15h45: Session 2 "Ask the experts"
Tim Van Canneyt & Olivier Proust, Partners
1. DPIA: when is it needed and how do I do it?
2. How to handle requests made by data subjects?
3. Demystifying the differences between controllers, joint controllers, data processor
16h45: Session 3 - "Decentralizing Privacy: Data Protection Regulation in the Blockchain Era"
Olivier Proust, Partner; Paola Heudebert, Blockchain researcher
17h45: Conclusion and end of the conference
18h00: Close and cocktail reception