- 12 Oct 2018
- 8.15am - 10.30am
- Live Event
Fieldfisher (Belgium) LLP offices
Boulevard Louis Schmidtlaan 29 (second floor)
In this ‘war for talent world’, employees become more volatile, retaining employees is becoming more challenging and protecting the business harder.
All employers should be alert to the risk of employees leaving and taking with them key knowledge of their business and strategic plans:
•Does your data stay put when your employees move on?
•Is your non-compete covenant valid?
•How could you enforce it in an international environment?
By taking proactive steps during the employment relationship and acting quickly and strategically when faced with a departing employee, you can minimise the potential damage.
The session will cover, amongst others things, the following topics:
Why protect strategic and business secrets on a European level?
Legal concepts for the protection of business secrets
- What legal concept in respect of protection of business from employees is most effective in your jurisdiction?
- Does your jurisdiction provide any legal protection for international mobile employees?
- Is there a difference in the legislation in respect of protection during the employment and after the employment?
- Besides employment law, are there other branches of law providing for any protection?
- Is the directive 2016/943 going to change your local legislation substantially? Which part of your local legislation will be harmonised on EU level?
Please note that this event is reserved for General Counsels and HR directors.Registration is free of charge but compulsory.
Please register quickly as the places are limited, a confirmation will be sent within the 48 hours.