- 24 Jun 2014
- Eligible for CPD points
- 12:30 - 17:00
- Live Event
2 Swan Lane
The Fieldfisher Sports Law Masterclass is an interactive event with presentations and discussions from some of the top sports law specialists in the business. This unique gathering provides the chance to learn from top level executives and lawyers, hear industry insight based on your pre-submitted questions, to join in on group debates and network in a relaxed environment.
There will be presentations, panel discussions, practical insights and interviews with top sports law experts, in-house lawyers and commercial executives at a variety of clubs, broadcasters, associations and sponsors. Our Sports Group lawyers will be joined by speakers from companies including BDO, BSkyB, IMG, Manchester City FC, Norwich City FC, Opta and Vodafone.
The Masterclass will give guests unique access to a number of individuals within the sports law industry and will provide exclusive views and opinions.
Topics for discussion will include:
• the role of in-house lawyers at football clubs;
• sponsorship contracts and practical commercial issues;
• brand protection and ambush marketing;
• the changing sports broadcasting landscape;
• copyright/database right protection issues;
• doping and disciplinary proceedings; and
• football regulation hot topics.
Registration is from 12:30 for a 13:00 start on 24 June and we will conclude by 17:00. There will then be a drinks reception and the screening of the England v Costa Rica World Cup match.