I advise a range of organisations, from small, privately backed E&Ps to large publicly listed independents, as well as NOCs and government departments.
I have more than 26 years' UK and international experience, advising clients across the oil & gas value chain.
Much of my experience was gained in industry, having held a number of senior legal managerial in-house positions at notable oil & gas companies.
My core areas of expertise cover:
- Corporate and asset M&A;
- Incorporated and unincorporated joint venture documentation, including UK and AIPN model form joint operating and unitisation agreements;
- Farm-out and royalty arrangements;
- Concession agreements, including tax and royalty and production sharing arrangements;
- Pre-bid arrangements including study and bidding agreements and AMIs;
- Pipeline transportation and processing arrangements, including operating services;
- FPSO leasing and modifications, decommissioning and associated security arrangements;
- Supply chain arrangements; and
- Gas, oil and LNG sales.
- Advising Independent Oil & Gas PLC on the sale of 50% of its southern North Sea assets to CalEnergy Resources;
- Advising Cabot Energy on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Rockhopper Civita;
- Advising Pura Vida on its acquisition of interests in the Gora and Lisa Concessions, Poland.
I also advise companies in relation to early stage dispute resolution, environmental and UK regulatory compliance including anti-bribery and payments to governments.
I am a member of the IBA UK Energy Legal Group and vice-chair of the AIPN European & African Chapter.