I advise clients on physically and financially settled commodities trading matters, structured energy trading arrangements, asset optimisation structures, energy management services arrangements involving generation facilities, M&A matters and cross border trading services transactions.
I have documented sale and purchase agreements, direct market access arrangements, structured or finance linked transactions, with underlyings involving power, gas, coal, oil, metals, freight, LNG and agricultural commodities.
- Advising a leading energy trader in relation to the financing, security and power and gas trading arrangements with a utility company.
- Advising various market participants on market leading power plant optimisation structures, involving fuel procurement, offtake, derivatives, financing and security arrangements.
- Advising a leading US investment bank on the disposal of its power, gas and emissions trading business.
- Advising on numerous asset and trading portfolio sale and purchase transactions for market participants involving power and gas, base metals, freight and coal products.
- Advising clients on commodities prepayment transactions.
- Advising on the set up of trading operations.
- Advising clients on industry standard trading documentation such as EFET and ISDA.
Recommended in The Legal 500 (2016) in Band 1 for Commodities: Derivatives.
What others say…
A great transactional lawyer (and) having very good expertise and knowing the market exceptionally well.
Highly recommended for structured commodities deals.